Health Insurance in Florida
Unless you are eligible for Medicare or Medicaid then you probably have to get an individual / family health insurance policy or an employer sponsored group medical plan. If you have a pre-existing condition and you meet the governments eligibility requirements you can also enroll in the government’s preexisting condition insurance plan.
- Instant Florida Health Insurance Quotes
Looking for the best health insurance in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando, or any other city in Florida? Compare Florida Medical Insurance plans side by side to find the most affordable Florida health insurance company.
- Florida Health Insurance premiums and rates
FL Health insurance rates are regulated by the Florida Department of Insurance which means everyone gets carrier direct premiums for health insurance Florida. You also get a 10 day Free Look Period with a money back guarantee.
- Large Selection of Companies offering Health Insurance in Florida
We are authorized agents for the best rated heath insurance companies in Florida. Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Vista Health Plan, AvMed, United Healthcare, Avalon, Golden Rule, Celtic, AFLAC, and more. HSA’s, HMO’s, PPO’s, POS’s, HRA’s, EPO’s, and more.
- Comprehensive Consumer Guides
Valuable information about health insurance in Florida, healthcare insurance plans, health insurance laws, and your consumer rights.
- Florida Health Insurance Articles
Articles and reports to help you find the best medical coverage.
- Florida Health Insurance Company Profiles
Florida insurance company profiles, financial ratings, provider networks, and plan details.
- Live Help!
Have questions? Call us and speak with a licensed
Florida health insurance specialist.
Florida Medicare Insurance
- Medicare Supplements and Medigap Plans – Medicare coverage in Florida is the same as it is in most of the US. Finding the right plan amongst all the options you are presented with can be challenging to say the least. There are several Florida Medigap plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, and Medicare Supplement plans available in Florida. Which one is best really depends on you.
- Medicare Advantage Health Plans – Medicare Part C / Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies that are contracted by the government (CMS) to provide subscribers with their Part A, Part B benefits, plus a variety of benefits. The catch is you have to go to network doctors, there is no problem going out of network…but it’s going to cost you. The different Part C plans have a bunch of added benefits like gym memberships, free transportation, meals on wheels, and discount programs.
- Medicare and Medicaid – Medicare dual eligibles – are Medicare recipients who are also eligible for either a Medicare Savings Program or Medicaid. There are also state based programs that will help you pay for prescription drugs, food, healthcare, and more. Call us, we can help you find out if you are eligible. Here is a .pdf from CMS with more details on Dual Eligibles.
- CMS – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is a Federal agency and one of the things they are responsible for is overseeing and administering everything Medicare. Medicare’s budget is is about $460 billion dollars and it serves about 46 million people. There are really only 2 ways to go with this…either you add a medicare Supplement plan to your Original Medicare Part’s A and B coverage (add a Part D prescription Drug plan, if you want), OR enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan. Of course you could also just forego the supplemental coverage altogether and pay the difference yourself. There are limitations to Medicare’s coverage, so make sure you are aware of what they are before you decide not to get a supplemental insurance policy.
Life Insurance in Florida
The principles of life insurance are pretty simple, the confusion comes from all of different types of policies available. Each is designed to meet specific needs. The trick to picking the best life insurance policy is is to clearly define what you need to cover and how much you will need. For example you may just be interested in protecting your mortgage ins which case a term policy or a mortgage protection policy would be ideal.
Most life insurance in Florida will fall into one of these main categories:
- Term Insurance
- Whole Life
- Universal Life
- Variable Life
Life insurance policies can be used for a variety of different things. Individuals can use it for charitable giving, mortgage protection, income replacement, taxes, education, repay debt, and more. Business use it to insure key employees, as part of buy-sell agreements, business continuation planning, and benefits for employees are just a few.
Our instant online life insurance quotes in Florida will give you a good idea of how much your life insurance will cost with many of Florida’s best life insurance companies. There are several rating companies that analyze and report on the finical health of life insurance companies. The most popular is probably A.M. Best. There are so many “A” rated companies with low premiums there really isn’t a good reason to choose a carrier with a B or lower…I wouldn’t.