Monday - Sunday - 9am to 9pm
  Call : 305-495-4111

Health Insurance Open Enrollment

Affordable Care Act / Obamacare Open Enrollment 2018 is right around the corner and there are a few essential steps that we can help you take in order to ensure a smooth process. It is important to know when you can enroll, how you can effectively enroll and what you will need at the time of enrollment.

Enrollment for 2018 will only last 45 days, from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017. You can enroll, switch plans, and get subsidies on plans that start January 1, 2018 (apply before December 15, 2018).

Unless you qualify for a special enrollment period, Open enrollment is the only time that you can enroll in a plan, change plans, or apply for your advance premium tax credit. Under the Affordable Care Act you may be eligible for financial assistance which is calculated based on your household income. Are you eligible for a tax credit? Click here to calculate your subsidy.

All private health plans share the Health Insurance Marketplace’s open enrollment period, while other types of plans such as employer based coverage, Medicare and Medicaid have their own unique enrollment periods. Short term health insurance plans are available if you need to fill a gap in coverage.

Signing up for an ACA / ObamaCare plan happens in a few simple steps. You can enroll, switch plans and get subsidies on the plans online or over the phone. You will be asked some basic information in order to identify if you qualify for Obamacare savings, and which plans are available in your area. You will be asked questions, for each person in your household, such as gender, date of birth, if you have used tobacco products, and if you/they are currently insured.

Qualification and Enrollment may require the following:

  • Proof of Income – It is essential to remember that in order to qualify for a subsidy your estimated income for 2017 will be considered. If you have other coverage available, you may not be eligible for a subsidy. Be prepared to provide your employer and income information for every household member who requires coverage. This includes any family member who has a W-2. It is beneficial to have pay stubs, W-2 forms, and tax statements available.
  • Social Security Number – be prepared to provide the social security number of each member of your family that you claim on your taxes. Even if the family member you are claiming are not applying for the government subsidy, have their numbers ready.
  • Proof of Immigration Status – it is required that you MUST be a residing in the US lawfully. You will need to prove your legal immigration status or your citizenship by providing naturalization numbers, green cards, work visas etc.