Millions of individuals and families are still uninsured and will be enrolling in health plans. Additionally, millions of people with health insurance will be looking for new plans. All of this will happen during Obamacare Open Enrollment. CMS sets the dates for Open Enrollment and this year we have 3 months, November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015.
Consumers choices for health insurance will vary depending on their situation:
- Individual and Family Health Insurance – If you are not eligible for insurance at work, or any other program like Medicare or Medicaid, then you will most likely need to get individual or family health insurance. You can purchase your health plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace or directly from the carriers. All of the Marketplace health plans are available off exchange at the same price. Premiums are regulated, your premium will be the same no matter where you buy it. Advance Premium Tax Credits, Obamacare Subsidies, are available to millions of Americans and Legal Residents.
- Group Health insurance -Small group health insurance are health plans sponsored by an employer. When small business offer their employees health insurance they always pay a portion of it, some pay more than others. The Health Insurance Marketplace offers small group health insurance through the SHOP Marketplace.
- Uninsured – There are still about 30 million people who remain uninsured. Millions of them are eligible for assistance but don’t know it. Millions more “think” they are not eligible when they are. If you have any doubt or want a second opinion on your eligibility status…Call Us.
- Medicare – This is what you paid 6% for (plus 6% from your employer). Congratulations!! Now that you are 65 or turning 65 you have to make some choices about your health care. We are here to help you understand the ABCD’s of Medicare.
- Medicaid / Kidcare / Healthy Kids – If you are eligible for any of these programs you will not be eligible for Obamacare subsidies, but your family members might be. Applications can be submitted through the Marketplace along with the rest of the family.